Now I am by no means a handyman, but having recently moved and complete freedom from our landlord to do as we please with our new place, I feel newly inspired to DIY the s*** outta every inch of the spot. I’ve made so many holes in the walls, but 95% of them have been put to good use while the other 5% have been covered up by furniture or plants.
I’ve been seeking a smart way to store my 9+ Savage seamless backdrops, and I have never felt so accomplished in doing so until now. I perused Pinterest for a half-hour and saw multiple inspirational pics as to ways I could repurpose pegs and PVC to hang or hold the backdrops, which served as the spark for searching for “lumber storage rack” on Amazon. I looked at the reviews for multiple units, eventually landing on the “KASTFORCE KF1004 Lumber Storage Rack 3-Level System".
My new shelves arrived the next day, and I got myself right to work with the intention to get them hung high above a sliding door from my office/studio to our living room, ultimately aiming to give an aesthetic and useful purpose to the high walls in our place. The instructions in the package were a little confusing, and I was concerned that everything would just come falling down the second I added a backdrop to any level of the shelf. But I trusted my gut, made a trip to Home Depot to get a studfinder and longer screws that I felt would hold the shelves better than the ones included.
Once I found the studs and placed the screws within those studs for the extra weight support I felt much more confident that these shelves would hold far better than anything I’d hung before. And boy was I right. I now have an incredibly aesthetic and accessible way of storing up to 9 backdrops that I can feel confident will hold and it’ll never be in my way.
I hope you find the photo backdrop storage you seek! I know I did.